Build three complete websites, learn back and front-end web development, and publish your site online with DigitalOcean
What Will I Learn?
- Build any website you want
- Create a Product Hunt clone
- Understand how using frameworks like Django will save you a ton of time in web development
- Create your own personal portfolio site to showcase your projects to potential employers
- Build fully functional websites for your startup or business
- Improve your web development and coding resume
- Publish your website online with DigitalOcean (a popular web hosting provider)
- Create beautifully styled websites using Bootstrap (a front-end framework that simplifies web design)
- Be able to connect Django to databases like SQLite and Postgres to help store and track data
- Understand Django basics like Function and Class Based Views, URL routing, Models, Gunicorn and much more!
- You will need a computer and an interest in learning Django!
- Some experience with coding in any language is a plus, but not required
Have you ever wanted to create a Web application but didn’t know where to start? Have you previously tried to learn Django but got fed up with incomplete YouTube videos and poorly written tutorials? Or are you looking to move your code from Django 1 to Django 2?
THEN THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU!
In my Django course, I will walk you through the Django web framework from beginning to end! I’m a self-taught programmer so I know what it feels like to start from scratch. I care about your learning, but even more importantly… I care about you!
What is Django?
Django is an open-source web framework that is written in Python. It was created about twelve years ago, but in December 2017 Django 2 was released with a whole new set of features and capabilities!
Django is an amazing framework for web developers because it provides the infrastructure required for database-driven websites that have user authentication, content administration, contact forms, file uploads, and more. Instead of creating all of these features from scratch, you can use the Django framework and utilize these components that are already built, and focus your time on developing your web app instead.
If you’re going to be working with Python, especially for web applications or web design, you’ll want to learn the Django framework. It will save you a ton of time!
Contents and Overview
I believe we learn best by doing. So, throughout this course you’ll be presented with coding quizzes and challenges in order for you to test what you just learned. This format will allow you to actually learn Django and not just follow along like a robot 😉
We will use Python in this course, so if you have never used Python before, we will start with a python refresher to get you up to speed (no other python experience required).
We will then dive into making three complete websites:
1 – Word-Counting Website: A simple website to count the most frequently used words in a piece of text. You will learn how to:
- Install Django
- Create a new project
- Work with Django’s URL routing
- Submit and handle HTML form data
2 – Personal Portfolio: Create your own portfolio to show to potential employers showing off your resume, previous projects, and a fully functional blog. You will learn how to:
- Add apps to your project
- Work with databases including SQLite and Postgres
- Access the admin panel
- Create super users
- Create virtual environments
- Make a responsive website with Bootstrap 4
- Work with static and media files
3 – Product Hunt Clone: Make a simplified version of the awesome website to share new tech products. You will learn how to:
- Work with the authentication system (sign up, login, logout)
- Reuse templates
- Create model relationships
- Add icons via Iconic
I will also walk you through Git, which is an awesome tool for developers that allows you to create multiple versions of your code. I’ll explain why this is useful and help you understand why you should use it.
Additionally, I will show you how to take the projects that you made in this course and publish them live on the web through a Virtual Private Server. Like I said, I will take you from the very beginning to the very end!
Course material is regularly refreshed to include all of the newest updates and information, and since you’re granted lifetime access upon registering, you can rely on this course to keep your Django skills on the cutting edge. Additionally, I have made this course downloadable, so you can work through the class offline, making it as convenient as possible for you! Most instructors won’t allow this, but I want you to be able to enjoy this course in whichever way is best for you 🙂
Don’t waste your time scouring the internet and trying to piece together how to learn Django on your own. Invest in yourself, and allow me to teach you Django while having fun.
Don’t take my word for it. See what my other students are saying!
“Amazing course to get into Django and web development! Nick is really engaging and enthusiastic and a joy to learn from!! He explains concepts clearly and teaches in ways that allow the student to easily recall the information.” – Evv Erb
“Truly understands the concept of starting from the beginning. Great teacher and presenter.” – Earl McAndrew
“I really loved the course. By going through the course, I actually made my own website and deployed it on a server.” – Mrinal Shrivastava
“After buying 3 courses about django in Udemy. This is the only one I’m picking something up. Recommended.” – Ruben
“Amazing teacher, very good and clear explanations very nice and helpful real life examples and projects” – Itay Galea
“Nick really goes the extra mile to ensuring a fantastic learning experience from beginning to end. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to get their python apps online quick and easy. You just became my favorite instructor :)” – Nur Roberts
Feel free to take a free preview of this course to see if it’s a good fit for you. I am so confident that you will love my course, that I even offer a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose, so come join me and let’s get started!
- Anyone looking for a great beginner’s guide to Django
- Python developers that want to learn web development with Django
Created by Nick Walter
Last updated 6/2019
Size: 8.07 GB